OPTIMISED & USER FRIENDLY SOLUTIONS
VARIBULL PADDLE AGITATOR
Paddle agitator technology
The Varibull paddle agitator is a tried-and-tested, highly reliable agitator for digesters, post-digesters and digestate storage tanks. The low-maintenance drive unit is installed on the outside at the pit and is therefore accessible at all times. A maintenance-free mechanical seal provides durable sealing of the wall penetration of the drive shaft. The agitator shaft inside the pit is equipped with a maintenance-free and durable plain bearing.
The Varibull agitator is used exclusively for stirring viscous feedstock such as slurry, manure and renewable raw materials (RRM) or similar substrates in round reinforced concrete tanks (digesters). The four inclined paddles ensure optimum mixing performance in the shortest possible time – over a large vertical range. This provides for ideal and energy-saving blending of the renewable raw materials, slurry or manure in the digester. The Varibull agitator is suitable for operation in substrates with a dry-matter content of up to 15 %, a pH value of 6–8 and a temperature of up to +55 °C. The Varibull drive system is designed for a maximum ambient temperature of +40 °C.
The original agitator developed by us has become the most widely used agitator among the slow-speed long-shaft agitators in biogas plants.
It was designed and built in accordance with the most stringent safety requirements and after careful selection of the applicable harmonised standards and other technical specifications. Thus, it meets the current state of the art and guarantees a maximum level of safety.
The Varibull paddle agitator has been designed in accordance with the 2006/42/EC Machinery Directive.
Varibull is optionally available in explosion-proof design.
BENEFITS OF THE PADDLE AGITATOR
- Ideal for the anaerobic digestion of renewable raw materials, in particular grass silage and manure as well as other substrates
- Energy-efficient thanks to large-surface stirring paddles
- Thorough mixing across the different substrate layers while being gentle on the bacteria
- Reliable operation also with high dry-matter content and long-fibred substrates
- Maintenance-free sealing of the wall
- Maintenance-free and durable plain bearing inside the pit
- No height adjustment inside the digester
- Also handles varying filling levels
- No additional mechanical parts, such as chains, ropes or other suspension gear
- Simply install, switch on and stir – That’s all!